How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
A facelift, technically called a rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgery procedure intended to combat the signs of aging. During facelift surgery in Annandale, muscles and soft tissue of the face that have become lax are repositioned and the skin is then re-draped, resulting in a fresh, youthful look.
Total costs for a facelift usually range from $6,000 to $15,000. The overall cost varies depending on the extent of the procedure, the qualifications and experience of the surgeon, the type of facility where the surgery is performed, and the geographic location of the hospital or outpatient surgery center. The final cost of your procedure is composed of a variety of specific expenses, including:
- Surgeon fees
- Material costs
- Operating room costs
- Anesthesia related costs
- Any included medications or post-surgical compression devices
- Follow-up appointments
Cost Should Not be the Determining Factor
Undergoing cosmetic surgery such as a facelift is a major event. While the cost of your procedure is a crucial factor to consider, it is also imperative to remember that you will live with the surgery results for the rest of your life. The most important consideration should be finding the best provider for your individual needs. Specifically:
- Choose a surgeon with sufficient experience and history of previous surgeries
- Look for a surgeon that you are comfortable with and agree with how they plan to perform the surgical procedure
- It is important to ensure that the surgeon you choose understands the goals you have in mind and agrees that they are realistic and attainable
- Be wary of businesses who offer bargain/gimmicky prices or pricing significantly lower than national or regional averages
- Be sure that your surgeon uses a proper surgical center for the procedure
- Be certain that you understand what is included in the quoted price you receive (i.e. no hidden fees)
Many people do not consider cosmetic plastic surgery because of the cost, but there are several financing plans and payment options available for those who qualify. These alternatives allow individuals to pay for the surgery on a payment schedule that fits their budget. There are different plans available that offer options such as no money down, no interest or no prepayment penalties for paying off the balance early. To learn more about the cost of a facelift or other cosmetic procedures, contact Annandale at 703-754-8228 or website today to schedule a consutation. By coming in for a consultation, you’ll be able to discuss your specific needs and desires with Dr. Nickodem.