Freeze Away Fat Cells with CoolSculpting
Love handles, muffin tops, spare tires, tummy pooches and even double chins may be a thing of the past with CoolSculpting®. This FDA-approved, non-invasive process uses the power of cold to freeze targeted fat cells that are unresponsive to diet and exercise.
Dr. Anne Nickodem offers CoolSculpting in our office to help patients achieve the body contours they desire.
How CoolSculpting Works
Fat cells are particularly vulnerable to cold. When cold is applied non-invasively to trouble spots on the abdomen, flanks or other parts of the body, the underlying fat cells begin to crystallize, shrink and die. The cells are naturally expelled from the body. The fat cell elimination continues over time; the targeted areas shrink for 1-2 months after the procedure.
Benefits of CoolSculpting
- Fast: A CoolSculpting procedure takes one hour per treated area.
- Virtually Painless: No anesthesia is required. You will feel a pulling sensation on the skin for several minutes, then the area will become numb to the cool sensation for the remainder of the session.
- No Downtime: You can return to your daily activities immediately after the procedure.
- Quick Results: Fat breakdown begins immediately and continues for 1-2 months after the procedure.
- Long-Lasting: The treated fat cells won’t return as long as you continue your healthy lifestyle.
- Renewed Mojo: Wear the latest fashions and swimwear with confidence.
Temporary Side Effects of CoolSculpting
While there are no inherent risks with CoolSculpting, you may experience some temporary side effects of CoolSculpting including:
- Minor bruising
Contact us today to schedule a Cosmetic Consultation and find out if CoolSculpting is right for you.